December 26, 2011

Published December 26, 2011 by Ad-Vinylrecords with 0 comment

(426) Sarah Brightman & Hot Gossip - I Lost My Heart To A Starship Trooper / Do, Do, Do (1978)


"I Lost My Heart to a Starship Trooper", is a 1978 single written by Jeff Calvert and Max West of Typically Tropical and performed by Sarah Brightman and Hot Gossip. It is notable as the debut of the then teenage Brightman as a singer, and reached number six in the UK Singles Chart.
The song is a lightweight space disco track that cashed in on the media hype surrounding the original Star Wars film: the lyrics include the lines "And evil Darth Vader has been banished to Mars" and "Or are you like a droid, devoid of emotion". The song also samples music from Star Wars, Thus Spoke Zarathustra (from 2001: A Space Odyssey), and the "spaceship communication" melody from Close Encounters of the Third Kind. Many of the lyrics contain mild sexual innuendo; for example, "Take me, make me feel the force". Other television and film science fiction references are "Flash Gordon's left me, he's gone to the stars", "What my body needs is close encounter three", and "Fighting for the Federation" and "Static on the comm - it's Starfleet Command".
The song was performed on The Kenny Everett Video Show by its regular dance troupe Hot Gossip. Its lead, Sarah Brightman, was dressed in a silver catsuit and platform shoes.

A - I Lost My Heart To A Starship Trooper (4:22)
Written by. Calvart, Hughes / Produced by: Steve Rowland for Hansa Productions Ltd.
B - Do, Do, Do (2:32)
Written by: Terance Clark, Brian Prebble / Produced by: Steve Rowland for Hansa Productions Ltd.

Release:  1978
Label:  Hansa
Catalog#  100244

Info:  A.D. Vinylrecords

0 reacties:

Post a Comment